Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1992 civic vx w/ b18b1 stalls while driving need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nsnake is an unknown quantity at this point
1992 civic vx w/ b18b1 stalls while driving need help

Just bought a new civic from a friend and it ran great a month or so ago. But recently it has been stalling while I'm driving and not restarting for a while. It usually cranks up fine at first and the idle rpms drop occasionally. The battery light comes on when it stalls but I've checked the alternator and its fine. I've changed out the coil, spark plugs, rotor button, dist cap, fuel filter. I also gave it a seafoam cleaning thru the vacuum lines. Any help would be great. Its a special car to me. Its a b18b1 1.8L dohc.
Old 08-27-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nsnake is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 1992 civic vx w/ b18b1 stalls while driving need help

Bump. Need help asap. Mechanics in my town aren't great and they have no idea
Old 08-30-2016
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: 1992 civic vx w/ b18b1 stalls while driving need help

Originally Posted by Nsnake
Just bought a new civic from a friend and it ran great a month or so ago. But recently it has been stalling while I'm driving and not restarting for a while. It usually cranks up fine at first and the idle rpms drop occasionally. The battery light comes on when it stalls but I've checked the alternator and its fine. I've changed out the coil, spark plugs, rotor button, dist cap, fuel filter. I also gave it a seafoam cleaning thru the vacuum lines. Any help would be great. Its a special car to me. Its a b18b1 1.8L dohc.
Spark, Air, Fuel...which one is it not getting enough of?
Sounds like the fuel pressure is low and the fuel pump and/or fuel pressure regulator could be the issue.

Test: http://s267.photobucket.com/user/Ron..._1430.jpg.html

Video: