Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Misfire at high rpms!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NROD315 is an unknown quantity at this point
Misfire at high rpms!

So i've been having this problem for awhile and i've been trying to look around and find answers but i have not found anything for it. My car misfires and hesitates at rpms higher than 4-5k when the throttle is more than 50% open. It was new wires and the plugs are all in good shape. I was having the problem before and replaced the dizzy to one equivalent to OEM. The problem stopped then started again after taking my car on a 2 hour long road trip. Theres no code for a misfire but there is a lack of power and the tach needle floats at the higher rpm. What else is there to check or do?
Old 09-22-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Misfire at high rpms!

and the tach needle floats at the higher rpm.
Floats higher than actual RPM?

Look for loosely fitting terminals on the igniter, or maybe someone missed a spade when they connected the wires to the igniter.

See this TSB; ignore the codes listed......read the repair procedures
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/p0420/A05-027.pdf

and replaced the dizzy to one equivalent to OEM.
The only equivalent to OEM is genuine Honda parts. Aftermarket remans are just crap.
Old 09-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NROD315 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Misfire at high rpms!

im gonna take apart the distributor today and look at that thanks! and the needle on the tach will just jump around after 5k, (it wil just go up down say like to 8k and drop to 6k but the motor will misfire but slowly increase it wont steadliy increase.) It seems like it takes forever to hit the limiter.