Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

95 Civic slow start in drive.

Old 08-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan Baker is an unknown quantity at this point
95 Civic slow start in drive.

Well I have spent hours looking everyplace for an answer but nothing so here I am HELP!

My car runs and drives great when you first get out on the roads but after it heats up it takes off slow. If the car is in drive it has no power but if a put it down in first gear takes off!!! Seems to only do this after the engine or transmission is warm.

Let me know if you need any other information.

New: plugs, cap, rotor, wires, filters....
Old 08-21-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: 95 Civic slow start in drive.

The is a common sign of approaching transmission failure. How many miles? Has the fluid ever been changed. Proper honda atf used? I am assuming it is an automatic trans.
Old 08-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 95 Civic slow start in drive.

I would do a 3x drain and fill of the tranny.
Drain the fluid. Add back in the 2.5 qts or so that come out, drive it for about 10 min.
Repeat 2 more times. Assuming your clutches aren't toast, you may notice a significant improvement. Use only Honda ATF.