Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

91 D15 IAC Bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mievil is an unknown quantity at this point
91 D15 IAC Bypass?

Hi, all. First post here. I've been searching Google for seemingly forever with no good results. And admittedly this is my first Honda, so maybe I am not searching for the correct metrics.

I have a 1991 DX that has developed a small coolant leak on the HOSE, ELECTRONIC AIR CONTROL VALVE OUTLET, PN 19507-PM5-A00. It seems to be leaking on both ends of this short hose. I originally relocated the upper clamp as it seemed to be in a strange location. After this it seemed to stop leaking at the top but was still leaking at the bottom. After the daily commute is still leaking at both ends.

I was merely going to replace the hose and both mildly corroded clamps. However, I stumbled across some IAC bypass threads and it got me to wondering. Only hitch being every thread I found was involving the newer motors.

So, I have a request for help. I am looking for a coolant flow diagram for this motor, or just a simple instruction. I have been digging through my Chilton's manual and finding it extremely lacking in info. If I could get the coolant flow diagram of this guy it should be super easy.

OR, I am figuring I just need to connect the bypass hose from the small nipple on the water pipe on the passenger side to the small nipple on the intake manifold directly above the larger hose coming from the thermostat, thus creating the "bypass", then capping the extra nipples surrounding the throttle body that are no longer used. Does this seem correct to anyone?

I've seen threads with block off plates and all sorts of other awesome stuff, but nothing seems to be regarding this particular motor. Following the hose path it seems that I can not use everything from the top side of the intake manifold all the way to the bottom of the throttle body. But I just want some verification of this.

Thanks for the help on my long winded assistance request.
Old 04-28-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 91 D15 IAC Bypass?

or just a simple instruction
I'd say just replace the leaking hoses and clamps.
Old 04-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mievil is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 91 D15 IAC Bypass?

I did just replace the suspect hose, but would still be interested in the correct bypass. Thanks.