Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Crank no start 94 civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
irocv is an unknown quantity at this point
Crank no start 94 civic

The car is a 94 civic 2 door. Not sure if it is dx or ex (1.5 or 1.6) but i don't think it matters. It's my friend's vehicle.

He changed the head gasket and it started twice (although he never drove it). Now it will crank with no spark. I've done some research and the two most common things i've come across were the ignition module or the coil (both inside the dist). However, the distributor looks brand new and the wires to the module appear to have some epoxy of something not allowing the module to be removed.

Can anyone provide me with schematics for the ignition system and/or tell me how to properly diagnose the ignition module???

I've also read that the "main relay" will cause this no start condition. What exactly does this relay control (fuel pump, injectors, ignition???)

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 04-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
irocv is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Crank no start 94 civic

also.... he swears that the timing belt was installed correctly when he changed the head gasket.