Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How do you remove fuel pump?

Old 02-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony C is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you remove fuel pump?

I have a 1993 Honda Civic. I have a problem I believe is the fuel pump (see "runs a mile or two"). I was told that I might be able to access the fuel pump under the rear seat through an access panel. I can't figure out how to get the rear seat out.

Last edited by Tony C; 02-22-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-22-2010
Registered!!

FGsmasher has a spectacular aura aboutFGsmasher has a spectacular aura aboutFGsmasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: How do you remove fuel pump?

Consult a Haynes manual to be 100% sure, but I think that you have a bolt hold the bottom portion of the rear seat in that you can access through the trunk.

Once that is removed, pull up (from inside the cabin of course) on the bottom portion where it meet the back rests. You should be able to get the rear seat out then and access the fuel pump assembly.
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

kurtdaniel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony C
I have a 1993 Honda Civic. I have a problem I believe is the fuel pump assembly (see "runs a mile or two"). I was told that I might be able to access the fuel pump under the rear seat through an access panel. I can't figure out how to get the rear seat out.
The fuel pump is located underneath the back seats and is easily removed. I would also suggest getting a haynes manual or check honda-tech.com for a writeup.

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 07-26-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-24-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

The back seat should just have grove like things. You should be able to either pull the seat forward or back and ith slides should come out of the grove and then pull up and it should come out. I think there are 2 or 3 of them. You should be able to lift the seat alittle and see them.
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

BUY A SERVICE MANUAL: http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage...051&Style=helm It can be your best friend. I've even seen your model Haynes manual at Half-Price books for $10 or so.