ESMM install...help (DIY pg 2)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007
The World Is Yours!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
ESMM install...help (DIY pg 2)

i got these a month ago, can i have some advice how yo install... i dont understand... please some kind input... and ive SEaRCHED!

EDIT by triz - DIY on page 2.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...ml#post4236548

Last edited by TRIZ; 02-12-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: link 2 DIY
Old 09-05-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESMM install...help

wat is it...never herd of an esmm or some esmm's lol sorry
Old 09-05-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

dseven, hes referring to energy suspension motor mounts, they are polyurethane motor mount inserts that stiffen shifts and lessen wheel hop during burnouts or loss of traction

burke, they are fairly self explanitory, look down the front of the motor by the header, and ull find a rubber bushing that is circular, should be held in by 2 or 3 bolts(been a while since i did it) pull this mount(wont take more than 10 minutes, ull see how they go in, its easy. now the bottom mount is a little tougher, its held in by like 4 or 5, and u have to be under the car, its on the back of the motor under the intake manifold. there are two bolts that go through the subframe(make sure u have breaker bar cuz they can be very tight, mine were), pull those two, adn i think there are three upper bolts, after this, ull see that it comes free, just pay attention to how it comes out beside the exhaust, or it can be tough to get back up there. heres the biggest thing, when u go to insert the back bushings, ull notice they dont fit well, ull have to shave them in order to get them in all the way, no big deal, but itll take a little persuasion to get em in, but u can do it. all in all a great mod, especially for the price, especially when u have torn stock bushings like i did, makes a huge difference during shifting, but u can get some vibration at idle, especially with the a/c on, but i love mine, good luck, if i get the time, ill take some pics if u need em
Old 09-05-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

if and when you get he chance.. i got some tricks up me sleeve for 2morrow day... and some car meet pics that nite.verr nice!.. but thanks bro... please some pics
Old 09-05-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

ill take my camera to work tomorrow, put it on teh lift and take some pics and write like half a diy, since ive done this already, i wont actually take the mounts out, but ill show u what u need to do, its really easy, believe me
Old 09-05-2007
The World Is Yours!

thanks man.. i want mine in, and it dont look hard, but i just wanna ask before i install...
Old 09-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you are gonna hate driving after those get installed...
Old 09-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

Originally Posted by gearbox
you are gonna hate driving after those get installed...
o'well.. i have a bouncy ride anyways.. and i figured a cheaper alternative than a engine damper... so i might get it too! but ill see once i install it! thanks tho
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough

^^ i dont know what your talking about. the car feels so much better after i installed mine and i only put the front mount in. cut whell hop in half practically. with both mounts im sure your care will feel a lot better under load/acceleration. shifts are a lot smoother too. i dont think you will feel much of a difference if you arent boosted, swapped or have a serious n/a set up though.
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by boosted.es2
^^ i dont know what your talking about. the car feels so much better after i installed mine and i only put the front mount in. cut whell hop in half practically. with both mounts im sure your care will feel a lot better under load/acceleration. shifts are a lot smoother too. i dont think you will feel much of a difference if you arent boosted, swapped or have a serious n/a set up though.
i have hasport mounts with a k20a2 and the whole car shakes anytime you turn on any accessory or roll the windows down. haha. i do think these are a good alternative to an engine torque damper though. plus, it's always nice to replace worn out stock parts.

does anyone know where i can get these to fit the hasport mounts?
Old 09-06-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i didnt say the mounts dont work, i just hope you enjoy sitting in a vibrator. the esmm transmit a ton more vibration than a torque damper. i suggest trying the damper first, then you can feel what mild shake is like. its almost too much for me, and putting esmm in place of the special stock ones is gonna be a big difference. its kinda annoying starting the car and feels like youre in a big rig with the whole dash rattling and booming sounds from engine.
Old 09-06-2007
Banned

hey burke, im at work right now, so i cant post up pics, ill be home later, andill post up pics and show u how its done, its not hard, and my vibration actually died down after putting these in, but i have torque damper and esmm's, but ull have to see for urself
Old 09-06-2007
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
dseven, hes referring to energy suspension motor mounts, they are polyurethane motor mount inserts that stiffen shifts and lessen wheel hop during burnouts or loss of traction

burke, they are fairly self explanitory, look down the front of the motor by the header, and ull find a rubber bushing that is circular, should be held in by 2 or 3 bolts(been a while since i did it) pull this mount(wont take more than 10 minutes, ull see how they go in, its easy. now the bottom mount is a little tougher, its held in by like 4 or 5, and u have to be under the car, its on the back of the motor under the intake manifold. there are two bolts that go through the subframe(make sure u have breaker bar cuz they can be very tight, mine were), pull those two, adn i think there are three upper bolts, after this, ull see that it comes free, just pay attention to how it comes out beside the exhaust, or it can be tough to get back up there. heres the biggest thing, when u go to insert the back bushings, ull notice they dont fit well, ull have to shave them in order to get them in all the way, no big deal, but itll take a little persuasion to get em in, but u can do it. all in all a great mod, especially for the price, especially when u have torn stock bushings like i did, makes a huge difference during shifting, but u can get some vibration at idle, especially with the a/c on, but i love mine, good luck, if i get the time, ill take some pics if u need em
thats pretty much it. i suggest only doing the front one unless you race alot. The rear mount is pretty stout stock. It will vibrate more, and it will seem like alot at first but after a while they loosen up and its not as bad as some people say. Say good bye to wheel hop on the launch.
Old 09-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
hey burke, im at work right now, so i cant post up pics, ill be home later, andill post up pics and show u how its done, its not hard, and my vibration actually died down after putting these in, but i have torque damper and esmm's, but ull have to see for urself
so using the mount damper too wasnt too much eyy... so good i idea then.. but i want to help acceleration in any way.. and i might attempt this afternoon from the advice put in.... so.. pics welcome...
Old 09-06-2007
Banned

gimme 20 mins burke, im fixin the pix now to post em up
Old 09-06-2007
Banned

the first step to remove the front motor mount is to remove the two bolts that hold it into the block, the two bolts are illustrated by the arrows in the following pic:

then all u have to do is remove the center bolt to remove the center bolt, which connects the motor mount to the frame, only one side comes out i believe, so u just have to loosen it and pull it out(illustrated by the lower right arrow)
once u get it off, ull see how the bushings install into the mount, its very simple, they just press in, itll be easy

if u want to keep going, and install the rear bushings:

the first bolts to remove are the lower ones that go through the subframe, they can be fairly tight, so u either need to be really strong, or have a breaker bar, but the two bolts are illustrated below:

then u have to remove the 3 bolts that hold the mount to the block illustrated below:

finally there is one more bolt u have to remove to get the mount free:

pay attention to how the mount comes out so u can get it back in without a hassle, then all u have to do is loosen the bolt that runs through the center of the mount so u can get the two pieces apart and install the bushings, but after u get em apart, ull notice that the bushings dont fit quite all the way. theres two ways u can get em in, one is to press em in with a clamp, the other is to trim them so they fit in better...

anyway, hope this helps, good luck

Last edited by greeen01civic4d; 09-08-2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: bigger pics
Old 09-06-2007
Banned

i suck at imageshack, anyway, the pics still work, goodluck
Old 09-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

thanks...ima try them in the afternoon. to get em on... i cant rep ya..but thanks bro... it wont let me
Old 09-06-2007
Banned

hope that helped, good luck
Old 09-07-2007
Banned

burke, u try installing em yet??
Old 09-07-2007
The World Is Yours!

gimme till sunday.. i need some day-time... and tomorrow night is UFC fight night..on SpikeTV..for FREEEE
Old 09-07-2007
Banned

yo, clear ur inbox burke, its full
Old 09-07-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

have fun i drove an itr with all poly mounts and at idle it was crazy. felt like the dash was coming out at me lol
Old 09-08-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I love mine and that was before the turbo. They vibe a lot at idle but they're dreamy when driving. Kind of like Jon.

Note. Have a box cutter or similar tool handy when you install them. I had to trim the rears a little bit to get them to fit properly, even with the clamps. Other than that it's easy.

Adam, check your PM on how to put images in.
Old 09-08-2007
Banned

Clint, i suck at imageshack
Old 09-08-2007

I know. It's OK. We understand. But you should still think about ending yourself. Check your PM.
Old 09-08-2007
Banned

there Clint, is that better???? i tried to end it all, but then the old lady would get my vic, and we cant have that
Old 09-08-2007

Woohoo!!!! Saved a life, a Civic, and a thread all in one blow!
Old 09-08-2007
Banned

gee Clint, ur swell
Old 09-08-2007
The World Is Yours!

hahah.. you guys crack me up yo!

Quick Reply: ESMM install...help (DIY pg 2)