I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Instrument lights don't work

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boltjames is an unknown quantity at this point
Instrument lights don't work

Bought a 200 civic and the interior instrument lights don't work. The previous owner has installed an aftermarket stereo and I heard this may have affected the circuit. Has anyone had the same issue and how do you fix it? The previous owner says the switch on the turn signal has to be replaced but the exterior parking lights work and headlights. The 7.5 amp fuse is good, already checked voltage there.
Old 01-08-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Instrument lights don't work

The 6th gens ( if 2000 ) had some issues with the dimmer controller unit located behind the ****.

If 2001...well...
Old 01-10-2011
Registered!!

critter210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a response from member RonJ " Sounds like a bad dimmer switch. Carefully pry the switch out of the dash, unplug the connector, and then install a jumper wire into the free connector in such a way as to connect the Red and Black wires. Do the lights now work" This how I repaired the lights on my 99 after I installed a new radio. You'll need to check the radio first and make sure the orange/ white wires are not connected.
Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

imatuner2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by critter210
Here's a response from member RonJ " Sounds like a bad dimmer switch. Carefully pry the switch out of the dash, unplug the connector, and then install a jumper wire into the free connector in such a way as to connect the Red and Black wires. Do the lights now work" This how I repaired the lights on my 99 after I installed a new radio. You'll need to check the radio first and make sure the orange/ white wires are not connected.
What if they are connected and you jump the red n black?
Old 05-14-2014
Registered!!

bsm760 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same issue in my ek, I hit the dash board right above the dimmer switch and I came on but every time I hit a bump hard it will go out...check ur fuse wth a test light note sometimes it will light it if the fuse is blown juss take it out juss to insure urself kause that happened to me and it was juss a fuse lol gl