Remote start install tips (from Gunner, not OP)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hardrew_rolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Remote start install tips (from Gunner, not OP)

hi,
im newbie here..
is there someone who has diy step by step procedure to install remote start in honda civic cx 1999 model. i found one but its 99 dx.. is it the same wiring harness? and if someone has it or know it please help me it would really great if it has a picture of step by step procedure but if none it is also great...

thank you..

Last edited by sdaidoji; 11-30-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2011
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: need help...

get a hanes manual for 20 dollars. It will have what you seek.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

hi...
i already installed my remote starter in my civic 99 cx ...when i press the remote start it says start error..i dont know whats wrong..

im pretty sure i did right connection except for the brake switch and tach wire because i cannot find them..and also i cannot locate the parking light wire...

if someone have an idea where i can find the "tach wire", the right "brake switch wire" and the "parking light wire" please help me ....

and one more thing im a little bit confused about the ignition wire because i have 2 ignition wire first one is the black/yellow wire and the other one is the yellow wire...where should i put the ignition wire from the remote brain.. in the black/yellow wire or in the yellow wire..

thank you very much in advance...
Old 12-01-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

I dont have a picture i can upload so here is the diagram in words.. as for which ignition to use, i would try the yellow first, if that does not work just use the black/ yellow

12volts white + ignition harness
Starter black/white + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
Second Ignition yellow + ignition harness
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory white/black + ignition harness
Second Accessory N/A
Keysense N/A
Power Lock green/white - keyless entry module
Power Unlock green/orange - keyless entry module
Lock Motor white/red drivers kick panel
Unlock Motor blue/red drivers kick panel
Parking Lights+ red/black keyless entry module
Parking Lights- N/A
Hazards N/A
Turn Signal(L) N/A
Turn Signal(R) N/A
Reverse Light
Door Trigger lt. green/red - OEM alarm plug
Dome Supervision same as doors
Trunk/Hatch Pin blue/black - OEM alarm plug
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm N/A
Factory Alarm Disarm N/A
Disarm No Unlock N/A
Tachometer blue test connector
Wait to start N/A
Brake Wire green/white + brake switch
Parking Brake N/A
Horn Trigger gray - OEM alarm plug
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A<!-- / message -->
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

gunner..

can you give picture of the three wire that i need to find...
i have 1999 civic hatch..
i just need t find the tach wire, parking light wire and brake wire...

thank you..
Old 12-01-2011

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Were does the starter kit have you taping into the wires? by the fuse box, steering console, under the hood?? I am not familiar with all install kits, does it use an alarm harness?
Old 12-01-2011

OH YEAH, is your car an automatic or manual?
Old 12-01-2011

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1053.html

This tells you where they are located, I will see if i can find pictures..but this is where the wires are located that you are looking for.

also try this link

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp#psk
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

thank for the reply GUNNER,,,

my car is automatic.. i connected the wire under the dash in where the computer board is located..i m using a compustar 2 way remote with cm5000 brain and it has a alarm system in short it is a combo..lol..
here is the install manual..

http://acsdistributors.com/uploads/t...%20Install.pdf

connector 1
i already connected the pin 1, 3 (except on the relay part because there is a relay with blue and violet wire,,i did not connect that wire) 4, 6, 7(green to the black/yellow ignition and i cut the starter wire yellow/black goes to the key side and yellow to the starter side) 8(body ground)
-pin 2 which is the parking wire that i cannot find

connector 3 (18 pin)
i only use 4 wire
-pin 4(brake switch) i cannot locate
-pin 14(tach or alternator sensing) i cannot locate
-pin 16(hood pin)
-pin 18(siren)

and the rest of the connector is just plug and play like antenna, thermistor etc...

thank you..
Old 12-01-2011

Still looking for pictures however maybe this will help.

Brake switch wire- follow your brack arm up and you will see a little button type thing that the arm hits when you press on your brakes, connect a wire to that wire.

The tach wire you do not have to have and can program it to skip that part since you have an automatic.

16- hood pin, you connect the wire to the hood pin they supplied with the kit, according to the instal instruction..should be a pin that detects when you open your hood.

Siren you are supposed to connect to the siren wire for your alarm..

I am not 100 percent sure but you can buy the wire taps for your fuses and just connect the wires that way.

I am sorry i have not been able to find a photo but i am at work right now.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner
Still looking for pictures however maybe this will help.

Brake switch wire- follow your brack arm up and you will see a little button type thing that the arm hits when you press on your brakes, connect a wire to that wire.

The tach wire you do not have to have and can program it to skip that part since you have an automatic.

16- hood pin, you connect the wire to the hood pin they supplied with the kit, according to the instal instruction..should be a pin that detects when you open your hood.

Siren you are supposed to connect to the siren wire for your alarm..

I am not 100 percent sure but you can buy the wire taps for your fuses and just connect the wires that way.

I am sorry i have not been able to find a photo but i am at work right now.
i see..i see..you don't have to be sorry..you are a big help..you always reply to my post..and you always reply so fast..thank you.. i let you know what happen...
Old 12-04-2011
Registered!!

now i know the error code...
when i start the car the remote will say start er01...
the error is number one which is "motor running"...
what should i do?
thank you...

Last edited by hardrew_rolly; 12-04-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2011

Page 33 or your manual says

Make sure that the system is not locked/armed. The last thing to check is the antenna cable or
antenna extension cable – make sure this is not damaged. If you need to, try another cable. When the
OP500 is working properly, it will read “success good.” You no longer need to program the remotes
before the OP500 will sync. This is new with the CM4 and CM5 series V.37 and V.4 respectively
updates.

Its also says that ER01 is engine running or you need to program the tach first. Did you program the tach or by pass the tach part yet? Another option is the custormer service number they have.
Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner
Page 33 or your manual says

Make sure that the system is not locked/armed. The last thing to check is the antenna cable or
antenna extension cable – make sure this is not damaged. If you need to, try another cable. When the
OP500 is working properly, it will read “success good.” You no longer need to program the remotes
before the OP500 will sync. This is new with the CM4 and CM5 series V.37 and V.4 respectively
updates.

Its also says that ER01 is engine running or you need to program the tach first. Did you program the tach or by pass the tach part yet? Another option is the custormer service number they have.
thank you for the reply...
i already read about er01..i know that the antenna is working because the lock and unlock is working..but the hard part is to program the remote for voltage sensing...i need to program the remote for tachless setting..any idea how to do that?

thank you..
Old 12-05-2011

No tach sensing is an alternative engine sensing mode. No tach sensing does not require a connection
to the vehicle other than the main ignition harness.
Number of Parking Light
Flashes Tach Error
1 Option 2-10 is not in default setting 1
2 Key is in the off position
3 Bad tach signal. Find a different wire.
STEP 1: Change Option 2-10 to setting 3 - No tach sensing.
STEP 2: Process complete – there is no further programming required other than adjusting crank time
when necessary (see below).
Adjusting Crank Time: To adjust minimum crank times, refer to Option 2-12. To help ensure successful
starting, the system will automatically add additional crank time to the 2nd and 3rd start attempts. In
addition, there is a built in “Smart Resting Mode”. Traditional tach sensing is still highly recommended for
colder climates.
Old 12-10-2011
Registered!!

here is what did..

1 red - (+) 12 constant) i connect this wire together with the red/white wire in the 12v constant white wire in the ignition harness.
2 green/white - (+) parking light i connect this wire in the red/black wire in the drivers kick panel.
3 red/white (12v constant) it has a separated red/white wire prewired to 2nd relay it has violet and green wire(i did not connect the violet and green wire.
4 white (+) accessories i connect this to white/black wire in the ignition harness.
5 violet (-) prewired to starter kill relay
6 yellow (+) starter (prewired to starter kill relay) which has yellow and yellow/balack wire, i cut the black/white wire and connect yellow wire from the stareter kill relay going to the starter side and the yellow/black wire from the starter kill relay going to the key side.
7 green and red wire (+) red wire is also prewired to the starer kill relay and i connect the green wire to yellow wire in the ignition harness.
8 body ground

brake input - i connect this to the green/white wire in the brake pedal.
tach/alternator input - i connect this in the light blue wire in the ignition coil.

i already cut the wire green loop inside the brain for my transmission. the remote responds to the brain because when i press the lock/unlock it show in the lcd screen.. but when i press the remote start button it says start er01.

what wrong with my connections.. please help me...

thank you very much..
Old 12-12-2011

I would have to go back and read the instructions again but it says something about programing the remote for the tach bypass before the brain is connected or before you start it...something like that..check to make sure the remote is programed 100% properly, it may only partially work since it is only half programmed right.
Old 01-21-2012
Registered!!

i did it...
thank you gunner for the help...i accidentally plug the 18 pin wire to the 20 pin port in cm5000 brain...that is why the tach cannot learn because the 18 pin wire is in the wrong port...
thank you for the help....