Both turn signals won't work.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
majeurpain is an unknown quantity at this point
Both turn signals won't work.

Hi, I have an Acura 1.6 EL 1999.

My problem is that both the turn signals and hazard lights won't work on front side, but will work in the rear. Before they would just not blink and the signal on the cluster would blink really fast. I changed the relay and the bulbs and also checked the fuses which seemed fine (Haven't changed them yet). My turn signal still won't work blink and they keep blinking really fast. Except that now when I turn my headlights on, the turn signal will also light up and stay on and still not blink.

Note : When I unlock the doors or lock them with the remote key, only then will the turn signal light up and blink.
The ground wire on the right side of the car seems to be cut also, providing no ground on that side. And the bumper is currently removed so the turn signals there aren't plugged.

Any solutions guys? It would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Last edited by majeurpain; 04-09-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Both turn signals won't work.

Except that now when I turn my headlights on, the turn signal will also light up and stay on and still not blink.
This part sounds like wrong bulbs or crossed wires.....something is conducting between the park circuit and turn circuits.

The ground wire on the right side of the car seems to be cut also, providing no ground on that side. And the bumper is currently removed so the turn signals there aren't plugged.
So fix it.

Note : When I unlock the doors or lock them with the remote key, only then will the turn signal light up and blink.
Turn signals are not supposed to blink when the keyless is used. The park lights are supposed to blink.

Any solutions guys?
Wiring diagrams and voltmeter.
And a logical thinking cap.