Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Need advice new to hondas

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoftWyteFoDo97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need advice new to hondas

I need advice from hoda gurus here folks that have been around the block a few times with these cars and knows what problems to expect and preferably done what im trying to do so i have emissions where i live and i want it to pass emissions. Ive got a 97 civic with a y7 the engine is high mileage and often give me probs and i know motors gonna pop soon so im considering building a motor i have a already machined y7 block bored 20 over stock crank bore and ive got a z6 head that i plan on building performance cam valves springs the works now me being new to hondas and vehicles with a computer in general i need some advice on what else to get it running properly no check engine light odd misfires nothing like that clean build and install with no major hick ups and it has to pass emissions
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160130_131644.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	88481  
Old 02-01-2016
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: Need advice new to hondas

No help in your question but I have a question about your emission check. I have a state required mechanical check for safety related stuff. Guess you have an emission test. As your motor wears out or has emission related items and fails, does the emission check place offer fixes? As long as the engine had reasonable compression, I would think the parts that controlled the emission would be reasonable. Sure the cat is the most expensive. Need to make sure the other stuff is OK or it would kill a new cat. How many miles on your engine?
Old 02-01-2016
Registered!!

SoftWyteFoDo97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need advice new to hondas

Im not sure about the safety checks that something we dont do period its just a mechanical emissions but no when i take my car through they plug my car into a quick diagnostic and check for a catalytic converter and check my gas cap and if i fail i have until my tag expires to fix it on my own dime take it to a shop fix it myself pay a redneck named bill etc etc and take it through again idk what would happen if you failed a second time if they would try to punish you or what nor if a safety check works the same