Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Just bought a 99 ex want to turbo it...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ej8_Sosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Just bought a 99 ex want to turbo it...

I really want to install a turbo on my 99 ex any ideas on a cheap but good set up? im not really looking into too much power. this would still be my daily driver but i just want to have a little more fun whenever the road is clear! Also ill need to know all the parts i would need to buy and if there's anything i will need to upgrade to support a turbo. Sorry if any of this sounds dumb im new to the car scene!
Old 01-15-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just bought a 99 ex want to turbo it...

Give us a budget. I would highly advise against cheaping out on a turbo setup. You'll regret it later. You can, however, shop frugally, finding good condition used items, finding good deals on quality components, etc.

Bear in mind that installing a turbo setup, while fun as hell, will inevitably lead to increased/more frequent maintenance and maintenance costs. So, look at that for the long run with running a turbo setup on an engine originally not designed with a turbo.
Old 01-15-2016
Registered!!

ej8_Sosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Give us a budget
I'm not even too sure on prices for everything you'll need honestly what is a good price i saw this kit for sale is this something I should get?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	122
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	88430  
Old 10-18-2016
Registered!!

theofa is an unknown quantity at this point

Howdy! I actually have purchased a 2000 Civic EX and am planning on doing the same thing as you! I have been reading, and reading....and reading over the past few months about this. There is not a cheap way to go about the project. If you are looking to do it on a budget I would try to get as much from a yard as possible. I have read a lot of bad things about cheap kits like the one you have linked there. I think I am going to end up with this one. http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gostxbabetuk.html. If you are going to do the turbo setup just read as much information as you can and make sure you upgrade your engine internals. You will need some pistons and rings, fuel pump, injectors and a chipped ECU at a minimum with the turbo kit you choose. Good luck with your build!