Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

HELP ME w/ 99 civic dx

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicksims99dx is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP ME w/ 99 civic dx

I have a 99 Civic Dx. I would love to make it a drifter or at least to the point where I can drive it fast and have awesome control.

So here's some things I would like to upgrade/change:

•The cluster...doesn't show rpms
•Put a short shifter
•Increase Horse power
•Paint job
•Shocks/chassis

That's all I can think of at the moment. But I don't know where to go or what's a good brand or anything like that. I can do all the work myself I just need help finding parts for my ride. NO EBAY so don't even say it.

Also I'm not rich so the parts can be reused or w.e. I not looking for everything brand new.

So if you know or have anything you want to trade sell or know where I can find some of these parts lmk.

Thanks, Nick99dx
Old 08-26-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: HELP ME w/ 99 civic dx

RWD is for drifting.

Best way to increase HP is a motor swap or turbo. Basic bolt on's will give you some gain, depending on what you are looking for. Koni shocks paired with Ground Control sleeves for handling on a budget. Upgrade rear sway to a larger one, and get good tires!
Old 08-26-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HELP ME w/ 99 civic dx

drive it fast and have awesome control.
Attend a REAL high performance driving school.

http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=50864