Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

98 dx struts

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ayoitzjulesdx98 is an unknown quantity at this point
98 dx struts

I have a 98 DX. I need new struts. Anyone know any good reliable brands out there? Or is anyone selling any?
Old 05-06-2015
Registered!!

Re: 98 dx struts

New to this btw..
Old 05-06-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

You can try one of the site's vendors ( see menu on top) or if you can't find them there, you could try Rockwell, Honda partscheap, etc.

For people selling their old used parts, we have the parts for sale section more to the bottom of site
Old 05-06-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You want OE ride or more performance?

Good Brands:
KYB (OE equivalent)
Koni (performance)
Tokico (performance)
Bilstein (performance)
Old 05-11-2015
Registered!!

Just OE ride.
Thanks for your help guys!
Old 07-04-2015
Registered!!

old97civic is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 97 and am putting some new struts on now. Have a look at my thread here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...oken-bolt.html

In order to get the strut out, you have to loosen the 10 mm bolts (14 mm head) that hold the lower control arm (LCA) to the trailing arm, and the one that holds the strut to the LCA. Your car is similar in age to mine so it is a good bet they are seized inside the bushings.

If they are, you will have to decide whether to try to get them out (drilling), or get a new control arm and bolts. I ended up getting a new LCA for the driver's side as both bolts were seized. I was lucky to be able to remove the 3rd bolt which holds the LCA to the body. Passenger side did not have issues.

So be forewarned, expect delays and be prepared to have to replace more than just the struts.
Old 10-01-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by old97civic
I have a 97 and am putting some new struts on now. Have a look at my thread here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...oken-bolt.html

In order to get the strut out, you have to loosen the 10 mm bolts (14 mm head) that hold the lower control arm (LCA) to the trailing arm, and the one that holds the strut to the LCA. Your car is similar in age to mine so it is a good bet they are seized inside the bushings.

If they are, you will have to decide whether to try to get them out (drilling), or get a new control arm and bolts. I ended up getting a new LCA for the driver's side as both bolts were seized. I was lucky to be able to remove the 3rd bolt which holds the LCA to the body. Passenger side did not have issues.

So be forewarned, expect delays and be prepared to have to replace more than just the struts.
You just need a bigger breaker bar extension and some liquid wrench, I don't drill them unless they snap off. They also probably have Loctite on them.