Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Front sway bar help

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jalebate is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Front sway bar help

I have a 99 civic ex sedan (automatic) and am currently lowered on d2 coilovers with Hardrace front and rear camber kits running maximum negative camber in the rear. I also have an ASR subframe and the ASR 24mm sway bar with Function 7 lower control arms.

It rides AWESOME I just wish the steering was a little bit tighter, was thinking maybe upgrading to a larger front sway bar will help with this? The Whiteline 26mm front sway bar seems awesome but I assume this would be too large. I don't drift or race (like I said, my car is automatic..) but I like a nice tight suspension. Would I notice a nice improvement from an SI front sway bar?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-27-2014
Registered!!

Re: Front sway bar help

Would the Neuspeed front strut bar tighten up my steering a noticeable amount? I hear tons of mixed reviews and would like some solid answers before I make a $160 purchase.
Old 02-28-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

finding a stock front sway bar in junk yards seem less expensive...
Old 02-28-2014
Registered!!

I ordered a Neuspeed 4 point front strut tower brace and if this doesn't do the job I guess I will eventually upgrade to Hardrace front lca's and either an aftermarket front sway bar or use the civic SI one.

Will post back to update on how the Neuspeed bar feels when it comes in.
Old 02-28-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i tossed out the eibach one from my car, front and rear. threw rear progress and stock front, corrected camber and happy with it (though its a 7th gen, so very different animal from the 6th gen...) so don't go aftermarket front, this should be last resort thing
Old 03-29-2014
Registered!!

VERY happy with the Neuspeed 4 point front strut bar! Installation was a breeze, just had to lower the small fuse box next to the passenger strut tower and it bolted right on. Before the install of this my wheel would be quick to turn when braking a high speeds which worried me a bit, and this definitely fixed that up. Steering over bumps is also improved, very happy customer right here.

This is just a daily driver but still contemplating further suspension mods idk why lol. Since my car is pretty low I don't think I can realistically run an H brace or traction bar. Maybe just a rear 4 point strut bar (Ultra Racing seems to be a good choice)? The c-pillar and b-pillar (floor bar, ultra racing has one) look cool but would really hinder passenger comfort/safety so I am leaning away from those.