Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

H&R coilovers stuck can't raise them

Old 10-17-2013
Chris doesn't know

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newtocivic11 is an unknown quantity at this point
H&R coilovers stuck can't raise them

Ok so I am new to civics but have a 600 hp wrx with coilover as well and they adjust very easily. Ok so I took the wheels off and have the wrenches to adjust everything. But these mo fo's are seized on there I am wondering if there is anything that I need to loosen besides the lower locking nut. I put pb blaster on it to see if it would free it and it hasnt. Do I need to loosen the suspension from the top mountin point so the coil can spin. I have Tiens on my subaru and they adjust so much easier than these H&R's if anyone can help please do.
Old 10-17-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: H&R coilovers stuck can't raise them

Cheap coilovers + road salt + moisture = seizure.. Removing them might make it harder as they will try to spin while your doing it. He is pretty much stuck at the height it's set at.
Old 10-17-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Freeze spray may help in getting it loose.

Or a little heat and then freeze.

Last edited by GolNat; 10-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rustycivic is on a distinguished road

Since when are H&Rs cheap?

But heat, and freeze, combined with liberal amounts of PB Blaster should do the trick, if not, see if a shop can do something about it.
Old 10-17-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't check to be honest. I don't know much about 6th gen civics and HNR don't offer (from what I know) for the 7th gen. But if they are seizing they obviously aren't that good.