Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

need better suspension for all the wieght in my trunk

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gsuchyta is an unknown quantity at this point
need better suspension for all the wieght in my trunk

rear end of my civic is saggin big time cause of audio stuff. I bought this car and it was already lowered and I believe it has adjustable gas shoks because it has that **** dial thing on the shoks but that doesn't really do anything when I turn it.

anyways my car rides like a brick especially my rear suspension the whole car jolts big time every time I hit a little bump much less a pot hole.

Is there any way to adjust my ride height with these gas shoks? Please tell me I can just put more gas in them or something? What is that **** on the shoks supposed to do?

Also would going back to stock suspension help raise my back end?
Old 10-16-2010
Registered!!

Re: need better suspension for all the wieght in my trunk

I also have 205/40/17 tires on it so I know that plays a big factor in how it rides but it just seems like it rides very rough expecially the rear end.

Is there any type of suspension made for civics that will hold more weight and get my ride height up.
Old 10-16-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

How much **** do you actually have in your trunk?
And why'd you opt for the smallest tire you can get for 17's? I got the recommended size for my 02: 215/45-17 so I would have a comfier ride and more accurate speedometer.

Oh, and year/make/model helps, too.
Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

It's either look good, or ride good. Your choice.
Old 10-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I do both because I'm the ****.. That, and I do my homework on suspension products.. lol
Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

You could get stiffer springs in the rear.
Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

I have a 00 civic hx the car came with 40's on it and I can't put 45's on the fronts at least that's what the tire shop said and I've had 45 on the back and if I hit a bump it hits the inside of the fender metal.

because of my system I have prolly 220 pounds in my trunk. I think maybe this car is lowered too.
Old 10-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

roll dem fenders and you won't have a problem rubbing.
Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

ya i might have to cause I know a 45 will help greatly but they go so far up into my wheel well like when I'm on an angle sometimes you can barely see the tire part just the rim that's how far a 45 goes up in my wheel well and it hits on the front part of my fender.