Site News Look in here for any announcements pertaining to the site or other things.
Always Read This if New Messages Appear!

Winner for ROTM May - Andyman97

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Smile Winner for ROTM May - Andyman97

Congratulate Andyman for winning ROTM for the month of May!!!

Here are some words from this months winner!!

I bought my Civic DX coupe new in October, 2001. Shortly after, I put on 17 inch wheels and lowered the car. I did exterior and stereo mods and went the performance route. In early Fall ’03, with the help of Mike Stafford and Catalyst, I installed a basic SF turbo kit and ran it at 10 psi daily.

After boosting on piggybacks and countless engine problems, I stepped up to a real turbo setup. My stock d17a1 (non-vtec), with the AEM EMS, hit 237 whp on 13.5 psi of boost. I boosted more but couldn’t surpass 260 whp with a stock engine.

In Fall ’05, I stepped up again. I installed a crower stage III cam, Dezod’s race turbo manifold, and other necessary upgrades. Final numbers ended up at 374 whp and 280 tq at about 21 psi.

The car is now at 350 whp, daily driven. As of late ‘07/early ’08, I’ve decided to focus more on the visual aspect of the car. The pics show lots of money and time invested in not just the motor, but everywhere else, too.

For the future, I have some surprises up my sleeve but the next big thing is the install of a Garrett GT30r turbo and hopes of reaching the 450 whp mark, the highest any d17 has ever seen. The tuning session will take place June 2d. Keep your eyes open, as I will post results afterwards.

Old 05-05-2008
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Winner for ROTM May - Andyman97

Woot, thanks for the votes, guys.
Old 05-05-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

POS

Congrats!
Old 05-05-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

very nice setup, inside and out. its come a long way.
Old 05-07-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Congrats!

Shame we where forgotten on credit for our turbo manifold.
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

utahbmxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice ride. I didn't think there was even a turbo kit available for our D17 engines. Freak, why didn't I do that before I got married!
Old 05-07-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dezod
Congrats!

Shame we where forgotten on credit for our turbo manifold.
No you weren't. It clearly says "Dezod's race manifold".
Old 05-07-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by utahbmxer
Nice ride. I didn't think there was even a turbo kit available for our D17 engines. Freak, why didn't I do that before I got married!

u musta missed speedfoos' (Clint) turbo build thread.... 180 pages of turbo build nightmares and successes
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbclark1
No you weren't. It clearly says "Dezod's race manifold".
I think he is talking about in the graphic with the mod list. but it does say it in the text part at the top
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Nice all around! Gratz Andy!

Wagner