Site News Look in here for any announcements pertaining to the site or other things.
Always Read This if New Messages Appear!

Site Header/Logo Competition

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond repute
Site Header/Logo Competition

Now your chance for you to decide what CivicForums.com will look like and earn some vBPlaza points (cash) for when we reinstall vBPlaza. Yup, you heard me right, there's been a HUGE demand to get vBPlaza back and it's gunna happen.

Here's how the rules go:

There are 6 different themes to the site, so there's lots of chances to win.
We will not just be picking one winner. Chances are there will be many.

Using the background image of a theme, create a header image that is awesome.

All legit entries will earn 5 vBPlaza points.
Any image we use as a header image will be 20 vBPlaza points.

The "best of the best" will automatically be moved to Premium Membership, which should open for you the 'Premium Members Sections', additional 100 vBPlaza points, larger sig limit, and larger image uploads.

The moderation team and I will be keeping our eyes out for really good entries and you can submit more than once.

So go open whatever graphic program you use and lets see some entries. The sooner we pick a winner, the sooner I have to install vBPlaza so I can give out your points.
Old 01-08-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
The few that I've worked on...

Last edited by Rufus; 01-08-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-09-2007
Banned

civicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond repute
So the following submission will recieve a minimum of 35 points

3 x (5 points) for legit submission
1 x (20 points) for the carbon image which we've been using

Originally Posted by Rufus
The few that I've worked on...

Someone has to be willing to give some sort of competition to this or else Rufus will get all the points.
Old 01-09-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
lol I know there are better Photoshoppers out there than me. Lets see what you guys have got!

Use your own cars even!

Last edited by Rufus; 01-09-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2007
Banned

And the winner is
drum roll please....

"Rufus"

No not just yet, but somebody has to give this guy some sort of competition.

Did I mention participation in this will get vBPlaza on the site.

Old 01-11-2007
Banned

It was politely pointed out to my by Triz that this section was closed for posting by regular members.

This would explain why there has been no entries for the header image competition. This section should now be open to all members and where you can give any feedback about the site that you want.

So maybe some of you already have images that you worked on and were waiting to upload. Now is the time to do it.

5pts each submission
20pts if we use it

and if it just plain rocks, then you get premium membership and all that other stuff I talked about in the first post in this thread.
Old 01-11-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
so do the entries need a space for that banner ad?
Old 01-12-2007
Banned

yes, we will have to fit a 468 banner in the header.

Do your best to stay within the width of the existing header image.

350px wide would fit.
Old 01-12-2007
Premium Member

Current image is 286x186, on Carbon, so you're saying the image can be much larger?
Old 01-12-2007
Banned

height should remain at 126
but width can go to 350.

A better image would be 318px wide if we wanted to try and please people that still run 800x600

But yeah you can make a wider image if you would like

Last edited by civicDave; 01-15-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
heres one of em i made.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	honda_silver_h_orange.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	69283  
Old 01-12-2007
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
i like the one with the ***. LOL!
Old 01-13-2007

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
heres a few

Old 01-15-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by xproductionz
heres a few

Nice Work!!
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
dam this place gets more ricer everyday i come to it...