I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

99 civic door locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skramer is an unknown quantity at this point
99 civic door locks

My daughters 99 civic EX is having problems with the door locks. The rear passenger lock will not go up or down with the fab or the interior lock switch on the drivers side door. The rest of the door locks will sometimes open and close with the fab but will always open and close with the interior door lock switch.

She does have an aftermarket stereo. I think that I've read on this forum that the stereo might be causing the problem....

Thank you all in advance for your comments.

Scott
Old 12-04-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 99 civic door locks

Do the locks only lock hen the non-working one is already locked and unlock when the non-working one is already unlocked? That means it probably is a wiring issue or a bad actuator on the one door.
Have you tried removing the stereo just to rule it out? Is it linked to a security system?