I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Need Help Running Wires!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gsxtacy is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help Running Wires!!!

I have a 96 Civic EX and am wanting to run new speaker wire to both front and rear speakers so that I can hook them up to a amp. I dont want to hack up the factory speaker wires incase I remove it. I have looked around and havent found much info on how to except for these youtube videos...

In the videos, this guy drills into a plug to run the wires through the stock door wiring. Has anyone done this? I want to make sure that it will be ok to do this. If not, then please help me out on this. I would like the wire to run through that hose thing that goes between the door and chassis. Hopefully someone has some insight. Thanks for your time.
Old 09-10-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need Help Running Wires!!!

I did that in my old Accord. I didn't use a drill just punched through it with a coat hanger and got some nice wire loom to cover up the new speaker wires and the wires that were already there. I also punched my hole as close to the existing wire as I could.

Are you worried about leaks?
Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

I rarely run new wires to the doors. Very few amps are going to put out enough power to door speakers to exceed the limits of the factory wiring.

Otherwise, get some fishtape and push that through the boot. Shouldn't have to create any new holes in there.
Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gsxtacy is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not really worried about leaks, I just didnt want to hack up the factory wiring incase I ever end up selling this car. How many feet of wiring do you guys thing I will need to run all new wires to the front and rear speakers in my civic ex?
Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Where are your amps located?
Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gsxtacy
Im not really worried about leaks, I just didnt want to hack up the factory wiring incase I ever end up selling this car. How many feet of wiring do you guys thing I will need to run all new wires to the front and rear speakers in my civic ex?
I'd rather hack up the wiring than do it like that video, drilling through factory connectors is harder to fix.

Wiring is easy and thats in a place that a buyer won't look. Just do a good job and it will be better than factory.