Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

I need help with my 96 civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthony B Pena is an unknown quantity at this point
I need help with my 96 civic

Hey guys just recently bought a 96 civic coupe with a b20 low compression i believe gsr tranny short shifter ,etc. im new to this civic life but i know some parts and have a friend that can help me point out stuff. just need more help from you guys. My problem is that when the car is on , it turns on good, but once in gear and start going the revs are slow going up and you can have the accelerator all the way down and it takes a long time for the car to catch speed it shifts good, the only thing is that and the car smells like fuel inside. i also have a fuel rail on the car along with Skunk2 pro series intake manifold with. BTW the manifold has a vacuum leak. I NEED HELP GUYS PLEASE... can it be my speed sensor. Btw i have a lot of cables just loose
Old 02-26-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: I need help with my 96 civic

Originally Posted by Anthony B Pena
Hey guys just recently bought a 96 civic coupe with a b20 low compression i believe gsr tranny short shifter ,etc. im new to this civic life but i know some parts and have a friend that can help me point out stuff. just need more help from you guys. My problem is that when the car is on , it turns on good, but once in gear and start going the revs are slow going up and you can have the accelerator all the way down and it takes a long time for the car to catch speed it shifts good, the only thing is that and the car smells like fuel inside. i also have a fuel rail on the car along with Skunk2 pro series intake manifold with. BTW the manifold has a vacuum leak. I NEED HELP GUYS PLEASE... can it be my speed sensor. Btw i have a lot of cables just loose
Just to clarify: the B20 came with either a low compression ratio or high compression ratio cylinder head. The OP is not saying cylinder compression is low. Integra GSR manual transmission swap. I have a similar setup in my 5th gen. EX coupe.

Fist off..fix the intake manifold vacuum leak and that may solve the issue.
Find the fuel leak... your car obviously shouldn't smell like gas. Once you do those two things report back if the accelaration problem persist.

Which cables are loose?

Last edited by Wankenstein; 02-26-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need help with my 96 civic

Timing belt/out of time/exhaust restriction/fuel delivery/firing order all perfect?