Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Oil Pans - 97 EX

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robmaxfli is an unknown quantity at this point
Oil Pans - 97 EX

hi - I have a 97 Civic Ex that I buggered up the oil pan trying to get it off. Mine is the aluminum type in which the gasket fits into the groove around the perimeter.
I noticed that the other engines have the oil pans that have the flat/wider style gaskets.

Are these oil pans interchangeable?...My style is really expensive compared to the other style

thanks
Old 02-21-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Oil Pans - 97 EX

Pull one from junkyard. Pull from same model/year and should be same design. IIRC 96-00 EX's use same pan as yours.
Or check this site for pulled part: http://www.car-part.com/