Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

99 si help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluesiguy is an unknown quantity at this point
99 si help

I'm looking at buying a 99 si with 73k miles for $4k. Sounds like a unicorn. The car had a supercharger on it but it was pulled off and the car was tuned back to stock. The ac and power steering were off, but supposed to be put back on when I go look at it again. The drivetrain isn't stock. I'll post a pic of the engine bay. What do i need to be worried about here? Sounds like a drag car but dude swears it wasnt. Heads have been scoped and have no damage.
Old 01-25-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 99 si help

The car had a supercharger on it but

ac and power steering were off, but

drivetrain isn't stock
Unless you already know a whole lot about cars (mechanical and electrical) and want to own someone elses' nightmare build (you'll never know what all was done, why, and how), I'd run away.

but dude swears it wasnt.
*rolls eyes so hard you can hear it*
Old 01-30-2017
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

that price seems too good to be true. a low price for that kinda car usually indates there is something wrong. id have someone more knowledgable check it out. how many miles on teh SC? they usually will go to about 100k before you need a rebuild.
Old 01-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluesiguy is an unknown quantity at this point

The car was junk. The dash had clearly been replaced along with the gauge cluster. VIN search showed the car being registered previously with 150k miles. Drove 4 1/2 hours to see a unicorn, ended up being a turd.