Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2000 civic speedometer issue and right turn signal and trunk light

Old 09-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazygrlinak is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 civic speedometer issue and right turn signal and trunk light

I have a 2000 civic lx. When we bought it the speedometer didn't work. It was stuck at 20 mph when driving. But during colder weather it would start working. I figured it was a speed sensor.
I never changed it. Then shortly after our drivers side window mechanism broken, we removed the door panel and rigged the door.
About 2 weeks later the trunk light in the dash turned on and stayed. I Checked thevtrunk sensor and it was fine. I noticed when I would use the right turn signal, the trunk light would flash between it and the directional marker.
Last night the trunk light went off. But the right turn signal marker light came on and stayed on. I turned the car off and the turn signal dash light stays on.

Help?
Old 10-06-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2000 civic speedometer issue and right turn signal and trunk light

Did you keep the receipt? lol
Old 10-06-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Speedometer bad
Window regulator bad
Taillight grounds loose
????????????????????
Old 10-08-2015
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Crazygrlinak
I have a 2000 civic lx. When we bought it the speedometer didn't work. It was stuck at 20 mph when driving. But during colder weather it would start working. I figured it was a speed sensor.
I never changed it. Then shortly after our drivers side window mechanism broken, we removed the door panel and rigged the door.
About 2 weeks later the trunk light in the dash turned on and stayed. I Checked thevtrunk sensor and it was fine. I noticed when I would use the right turn signal, the trunk light would flash between it and the directional marker.
Last night the trunk light went off. But the right turn signal marker light came on and stayed on. I turned the car off and the turn signal dash light stays on.

Help?
Welcome to 6th gen Civic life..lol
And, when you think you got everything working something else will soon go wrong. However, we still love 'em like a helpless child.