Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Rattling noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fvckbg is an unknown quantity at this point
Rattling noise

Hey this is a problem I've been trying to fix myself but I really don't know what the cause is. I have a 98 civic ex coupe and it has a whole new exhaust system (Spec-D) that I changed out a few months back. Just a few months ago it started making this rattling noise and I didn't mind at first but now it's annoying the **** out of me. I took all the heat shields off and it still make the noise and all the hangers are in place. I tried inspecting it but I can't see where the noise is coming from. It only happens when I press the gas hard as its accelerating.
Old 09-06-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Rattling noise

Are you running an cat. still? if so the plates inside may have been damaged and are now rattling around in the cat.
Old 09-06-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
Are you running an cat. still? if so the plates inside may have been damaged and are now rattling around in the cat.
The cat is brand new. I have a entire new exhaust system
Old 09-08-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
I think I fixed it. It was really weird because today I was hooking up my amp so I took eveything out so I can adjust the wires. I took the donut tire out as well and I noticed just now that the rattling noise isn't that loud anymore. Lol I guess I fixed it.