Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Rotor Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tattedlariat is an unknown quantity at this point
Rotor Issues?

I replaced the rotors and brakes on my 2000 civic today. I just bought the car yesterday.

And now its got this god awful squealing coming from the front drivers side wheel, but i couldnt see where anything hit.

Any ideas?
Old 04-11-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Rotor Issues?

Did you re grease the slide pins and put grease on the back of the pad shims where they touch the caliper?
Old 04-11-2015
Registered!!

Nope. I'm assuming thats probably my problem!
Old 04-11-2015
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Probably, I would start with that first. Use a liberal amount on the back shims. I like to remove all the old grease from the slide pins before adding new grease. Use a liberal amount on these also.

Hopefully none of your slide pins are seized.
Old 04-12-2015
Registered!!

Put grease on it, made it better, but still had a noise. Turns out, i had the brake pads all the way up on the rotor. Whoops!
Old 04-12-2015
Prelude Owner

glad you figured it out. It was good to grease those parts anyway. Now you are good to go.