Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic won't start please help. Dash removed

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genyc07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic won't start please help. Dash removed

I am doing an interior swap. Today I disconnected my negative terminal. Then removed the center console and pulled the entire dash I disconnected the harness from every point. Then reconnected everything except the power mirrors, the sunroof, the right side airbag and the radio. None of the wiring clips gave me trouble coming out or going back in. I turned the key Once back together and the cars srs light was on as expected because It was removed. I crank the starter and got nothing. I rechecked all the connections disconnected negative plugged the dimmer and mirror reconnected negative on the batt and tried again and again it only cranked.

Everything seams to be connected I have not chased fuzes. I do not have an aftermarket alarm. What did I do how do I fix it.

When I say I pulled the dash, I mean the entire thing windshield back everything. Please help thanks.

2000 ex stick unmoddified
Old 01-20-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Civic won't start please help. Dash removed

Oh Gadz. You need to go recheck everything you touched. there are a ton of places for errors to happen.
And it seems like no 2 people do a dashboard pull the same way.

Some disconnect far more than necessary, others don't unplug the last wires until they discover the dash won't come out without it. (WHOOOPS! Where did those wires come from???)

ECM all plugged in?
Main relay connected?
All connectors right?
Ground wires?
Blown fuses?

Does the check engine light come on?

You may just have to pick an item that doesn't work and track each wire to find what you might have left undone....
Old 01-21-2014
Registered!!

Hooking it up to the computer tomorrow. But just asking the right side airbag disconnected and the radio out wouldn't cause it would it? The is no secret theft prevention right? I can't find any plugs that need to be connected. I feel so stupid right now. Ugh.
Old 01-21-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Does the check engine light come on?
Old 01-21-2014
Registered!!

No It wasn't on
Old 01-21-2014

If the check engine light does not come on when you turn the key on, then the ECM isn't powering up for some reason.... (assuming the rest of the idiot lights still do come on when you turn the key on)

All the ECM connectors plugged in all the way, none only halfway pushed in?
Old 01-22-2014
Registered!!

Missed a plug that was hiding by the glovebox. Back in action thanks ez.
Old 01-22-2014

Koolz!