Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

97 Honda Civic wont start

Old 10-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kskorski is an unknown quantity at this point
97 Honda Civic wont start

I have a 97 honda civic ex 5 speed manual. A week ago I replace my battery and starter. My car was working fine until sunday I was working, delivering pizzas and I went into the store to get another order, came back out and tried to start my car and it did nothing. It didnt click or attempt to turn over, as if the starter went bad. I had no battery power except for my headlights and interior lights. I found out that the IG 1 (40A) fuse was blown. I replaced it today and it worked, my car was running fine all day until I went to work. I delivered a pizza to a house and when I tried starting my car up again it cranked over once and then did the same thing. No clicks, nothing but I have battery power to everything this time. I checked the fuse and it doesnt seem to be blown. What could be causing this?

Also, I replace the starter myself. Is there anything that I could have done wrong that would cause this?

Last edited by kskorski; 10-25-2013 at 04:02 AM.