Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Heat kills the Windows..

Old 09-07-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
youmadeyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Heat kills the Windows..

Just started having this problem with my Power windows this summer on my 96 civic hatch .. when ever its Sunny and Hot outside my power windows will not work at all .. till about 5 to 10 mins down the road when the car cools off from moving .. then they start working like normal .. Up and Down.. gets really Annoying .. Anyone have any clues to while this is happening and How to fix this because I live in Florida and its always hot here... lucky i have A/c still but still got to fix this ...
Old 09-07-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heat kills the Windows..

Silicone the run channel seals so the glass can slide up and down easier.

If that doesn't help, then start doing electrical inspections.
Old 09-12-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Silicone the run channel seals so the glass can slide up and down easier.
If that doesn't help, then start doing electrical inspections.
Already been done. The problem is it loses Power all together till it cools down some then its like the power kicked back in its not getting Stuck....
Old 09-12-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh....

(Turn key on) Hold the window switch down (or up, whatever to move the glass) and slowly swing the door all the way open, then all the way closed.
Does the window try to work at any time while moving the door?

Those cars like to break the door jamb wiring harness, almost always starts with one or two wires right at the connector on the door.

If no joy from that easy check, then I'd remove the door panel and check for power and ground at the window motor when you push the button....probably wire in a light bulb (test light) and leave the window motor connected. If the motor quits but the light still lights up, then it's a bad motor. (Possible bad internal circuit breaker?)
If no light, it's something else electrical. Keep checking.

Last edited by ezone; 09-12-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Oh....
(Turn key on) Hold the window switch down (or up, whatever to move the glass) and slowly swing the door all the way open, then all the way closed.
Does the window try to work at any time while moving the door?
Those cars like to break the door jamb wiring harness, almost always starts with one or two wires right at the connector on the door.
If no joy from that easy check, then I'd remove the door panel and check for power and ground at the window motor when you push the button....probably wire in a light bulb (test light) and leave the window motor connected. If the motor quits but the light still lights up, then it's a bad motor. (Possible bad internal circuit breaker?)
If no light, it's something else electrical. Keep checking.

Thanks for the tip . I will have to try that next time .. I did notice one time when it did it . it was super hot out and I was pissed so i punched the door and it worked .. but that way only happend once.. so next time i will try to swing the door and see if it kicks on... then pull handle and check wiring .. I will keep this thread Updated when i try it ... thanks again.