Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

melting spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000civic89 is an unknown quantity at this point
melting spark plugs

Hello, first time posting in a forum. I hope this is the right place to post this question. My girl has a 99 civic sedan dx. For the last month she has had a rough time starting it in the mornings and randomly throughout the day so I checked the plugs and all the electrodes were melted to the size of a pin so I replaced em all and checked underneath the dist. Cap and it was all rusted and corroded everywhere so I did some research and it seemed the bearing was bad and needing it fixed as soon as possible I just bought a new distributor, threw it in and timed it with a timing light. Seemed fine, ran great with no problems for the last couple weeks. Well she had a rough couple starts the last few days so I checked the plugs again and their starting to melt again... Not sure what could be causing this. Any help wound he greatly appreciated.
Old 07-30-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: melting spark plugs

Post pics of the plug problem so the rest of us can see.
Old 07-30-2013
Registered!!

Ok I will when I get home from work.
Old 07-30-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Post pics of the plug problem so the rest of us can see.
Okay so it won't let me add in pics from my phone and when I try on the computer and load the pic it erases my message and says I need to add a message.

Bassicly what it looks like is a perfect V cut into the center of the electrode. All 4 look the same and I just put them in 2 weeks ago after I replaced the distributor.

Hope that helps unless I'm missing something on how to add pics. Never ran into anything like this on my 2000 civic that I've had for 6 years.
Old 07-30-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

A V like this:

Old 07-30-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2000civic89
Hope that helps unless I'm missing something on how to add pics. Never ran into anything like this on my 2000 civic that I've had for 6 years.
This site has been acting WRONG for a while now for some people (some mods already know about it). Post your pics to a pic hosting site (photobucket, tinypic, imageshack, etc.) and put links to the pics here in your message.
Originally Posted by GolNat
A V like this:
^^^NGK V-POWER plug^^^

They are made that way.
Old 07-31-2013
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, to stray from the topic-I can't use any of the toolbar stuff such as quoting. However, it will still autolink and auto show pictures without using toolbar codes.
Old 07-31-2013

Originally Posted by got2run5
Yeah, to stray from the topic-I can't use any of the toolbar stuff such as quoting. However, it will still autolink and auto show pictures without using toolbar codes.
Add your name to the list. I've been whining about this and other issues for weeks now, and it's an absolute chore for me to make posts.

Last edited by ezone; 07-31-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

All of us mods know about the issues (posting, toolbars, etc) , as well as admins, and site owners. The techs are trying to figure out what's wrong so please be patient guys. I know it sucks, but we're doing everything we can.
Old 08-01-2013
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

You guys should get ban-hammer happy too. It seems there's an influx of 10 post count people posting "Great info. Nice pics" just to get their post count up. Profoundly annoying.
Old 08-01-2013

You guys should get ban-hammer happy too. It seems there's an influx of 10 post count people posting "Great info. Nice pics" just to get their post count up. Profoundly annoying.
Great info. Nice pics

Last edited by ezone; 08-01-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: for the LOL'z
Old 08-01-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info

Seriously though. I saw that, was in process of typing out a warning PM, then life (read: gf) beckoned, and I had to put laptop away. Otherwise, most of y forum surfing is done via my phone. Doing high volume moderating isn't fun via iPhone.

BUT, as to not stray off topic, OP, upload to photobucket or imgur then use [img] (insert picture URL here) [/img] to post up pics. The forums attachment feature has sucked since I've started lurking here.