Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2000 EX EJ8 Throttle Body Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkDaysX6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 2000 EX EJ8 Throttle Body Questions

Nearing the end of a Auto-to-Manual swap in my EJ8. I googled and searched this forum to no avail for the answer to this question or even something similar but I keep getting mini-me threads as results...

Long story short - I blew the old d16y8 and got a new one. No mix match parts except an aftermarket intake manifold (Edelbrock Performer X) which would replace my auto intake manifold anyways. My question is... Can I use the automatic throttle body or will I have IACV issues from the old ports? I made a blocker plate for the auto throttle body's IACV and sealed it up pretty well but my fear is that the auto throttle body is missing something that the 5speed version would have. I already have the manual IACV bolted to the back of the new intake manifold, 2 wire plug run from the harness, and I have a manual ECU too. With all of that out of the way the big question still remains... Is it possible to use the auto throttle body on a manual engine? What are the main differences between an auto y8 TB and a manual one?

This is my first swap so please have mercy on my ignorance of the topic. I will buy a new throttle body if I have to but I'm having trouble finding a stock one for a y8 and I'd really like to use the auto one if I could. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkDaysX6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2000 EX EJ8 Throttle Body Questions

Shameless self bump. It says over 60 people are viewing this board, why is it so dead?