Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jiujitsu77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Won't start

I have a 2000 civic ex with a manual transmission. The starter would not turn over at all. I turn the key and nothing. I replaced the starter and still nothing. I checked all fuses and relays and couldnt find anything. I was thinking that it could be the switch for the clutch but not sure. Please help.
Old 06-08-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98civic47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Won't start

have you tried to push start it yet?
Old 06-09-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently these like to crumble the rubber pad that contacts the clutch switch, that keeps the plunger of the switch from getting pushed in all the way.
Old 06-09-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezone

Apparently these like to crumble the rubber pad that contacts the clutch switch, that keeps the plunger of the switch from getting pushed in all the way.
Not from your car, but I found a pic with the general idea:
Name:  picture_5078.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  75.7 KB

HTH