Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

misfire code

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truefriend is an unknown quantity at this point
misfire code

finailly found the reason for misfire code .the fuel injector clips were a little loose ,they made a click sound , but had to be wiggled in a little more.... off went the check eng. light after weeks of hell and money wasted on pulgs.wires.cap.ect. the dealership could not find this one ,with all their dionostic machines,, they just threw parts at it
Old 05-14-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: misfire code

Originally Posted by truefriend
,with all their dionostic machines,,
There isn't any machine that can diagnose a problem.
They are only tools.
It's all up to a human to use the tools effectively.

(It helps when the human doing the work has more brain cells than a head of lettuce.)

It helps if the problem is actually acting up when someone checks out the car. Intermittent and random can be awfully damned tough to find.
Old 05-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Branden_gt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey so two days ago, i changed one of the injectors, and now my car is misfiring on all cylinders. But Im not missing any vacuum hoses lose or disconnected.
Spark plugs work as well, but my misfires only show when the car is under load. Do you think its injector's connection?
Old 05-30-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

but my misfires only show when the car is under load
How'd you find this? Documented in the Freeze Frame data, or you can tell it by feel?

Do you think its injector's connection?
Not my normal first guess. Ignition breakdown is the typical cause of misfires only under a load, and consistently repeatable.
Old 05-30-2013

Originally Posted by ezone
Not my normal first guess. Ignition breakdown is the typical cause of misfires only under a load, and consistently repeatable.
Edit that to say dead miss under a load. Like when spark finds someplace other than the end of the spark plug to land.
Partial miss or weak cylinder contribution instead of dead miss would normally be something other than ignition.

Also, what I see as normal stuff in my world may not be the same as your world. Customers here aren't going to have their injector connectors off 3 dozen times in 3 months like some of the kids would, so injector wiring is pretty far down the list for me..

If you think it's injector connections, you should probably be able to wiggle each plug and cause the miss to come and go as the wires make or break their connections.

Another thought: Do all 4 injectors have the same flow rates? Not just ratings, but actual flow?
One that is way fatter or leaner than the rest can really confuse the computer.
Got the big seals on the bottom of the injectors all still in the right places, none slipped making vacuum leaks?