Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fresh Swap Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bubbamosher is an unknown quantity at this point
Fresh Swap Need Help!

Just finished swapping a D15B into my 97 hatch, the engine is running fine, idles a little high but I can adjust that, the problem is while the car is jacked up and started, the rotors are spinning at about 10 miles an hour when gearbox is in neutral (manual tranny off from old d16y7) and when I put it in gear it speeds up, but this happens whether it is on the jack plate or when it is on the ground with wheels back on it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 04-28-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fresh Swap Need Help!

the rotors are spinning at about 10 miles an hour when gearbox is in neutral
That is normal and expected.
Old 04-28-2013
Registered!!

The problem is when the car has the wheels back on and is on the ground, it is still reading the ten miles an hour on the ground and it actually speeds up like "normal" when I put it into gear. But the car wont actually go anywhere.
Old 04-28-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

OH! (I didn't understand that part I guess)

Then you didn't get one of the axle stubs seated all the way into the differential, splines did not engage for whatever reason.

Or a CV joint came apart, but you would see part of an axle turning without the rest of it turning.
Old 04-29-2013
Registered!!

That was exactly the problem, turns out that when I got my new axle, for some reason the keeper ring thing that goes on the end wasn't put on, luckily I found it but now just cant get it squeezed down enough to fit back in the differential.