Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'00 Civic Water Leak Front Passenger Floor

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rbreedi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
'00 Civic Water Leak Front Passenger Floor

Hello all, hoping to get some help on a water leak on my 2000 Civic VP. A couple weeks ago I had noticed a faint sour odor but didn't think anything about it until just last week when it got really bad. Well I pulled up my rubber mat on the passenger side front floorboard to find the carpet soaked underneath. It seems as though it has trickled under the seat and back floorboard as well but not as bad. My driveway is on an incline which could have cause that. Anyways, I pulled up the carpet in front and there was puddled water underneath. I dried it all up and removed the insulation square on the bottom of the carpet which was soaked and smelly. I have been driving it like this and noticed the water only comes in when it rains (which has been quite a lot lately). So yesterday I dried it all up and got the water hose and ran water onto the lower windshield on passenger side and sure enough water began leaking in from the right corner down the side of the floorboard. I hope someone can help me out with this mess! Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013
Registered!!

so_fresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: '00 Civic Water Leak Front Passenger Floor

my best guess is the rubber weather stripping that goes around your window might need to be replaced.
Old 02-06-2013
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

^^What he said. Had a similar problem with water in the trunk.

Check your seals. Create a mock rain test in your garage or whatever. Fill a bucket or something with water and pour in the damaged area until you can pinpoint the spot.
Old 03-04-2019
Registered!!

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tragedy
^^What he said. Had a similar problem with water in the trunk.

Check your seals. Create a mock rain test in your garage or whatever. Fill a bucket or something with water and pour in the damaged area until you can pinpoint the spot.
Ever source the leak?