Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

drive axle question..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ohanahorse is an unknown quantity at this point
drive axle question..

Need to replace the driver side axle. I'm confused when ordering..they use the term left or right and think the orientation for that is if you are sitting in the vehicle (meaning the left is the driver side). Also, one axle is about 24 inches (I'm thinking the passenger side) and the other is about 32 inches.
would one of you kind folks please verify for me please.
thanks
Old 02-02-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: drive axle question..

Left and right of any car are always determined as you sit in the drivers seat facing forward.

In North America, left is drivers side. No matter where you stand nor which end of the car you face, the drivers side is still the left side.

But if someone TELLS ME left or right, I have to ask if they meant drivers or passengers side.
I know how many people don't know what left and right really are and I can't afford to waste my time on the wrong side.

Because of stuff like this, I have never been able to automatically know left or right as a natural reflex in any situation. I have to stop and think about which is which.

If someone tells me to turn a direction while we are in the car, I always turn the wrong way.
I even did this during my first drivers license test at age 16.
Old 02-03-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

What year is your car, is it an Si?
Old 02-03-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

ezone, imagine if the guy actually have a right hand car, then?
Old 02-03-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
ezone, imagine if the guy actually have a right hand car, then?
My first line applies--- no matter what the car or where in the world.
Originally Posted by ezone
Left and right of any car are always determined as you sit in the drivers seat facing forward.

Average people don't have RHD cars here unless they run a mail route or something.