Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Adjusting valves After Removing Camshaft Help..

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
partypeepers is an unknown quantity at this point
Adjusting valves After Removing Camshaft Help..

Ok, so I really don't know what happened to my mind, lol not sure if after my car accident I lost my memory, lol I dont think so but i completely am at lost with this process hopefully someone could help me, Ok so this is what Ive done.
I removed my cylinder head to replace my headgasket, so I removed my rocker-arm assembly, loosened the valve spring tension that it had on the valves and also removed the camshaft in order to get my head resurfaced and checked for leaks,
so here is my question, I put the head on my engine already and its where i got a brain fart, after I put every on tdc and put my timing belt back on how to i go about adjusting my valves back to spec, right now all the valve lash are completly loose, so since my engine will be on tdc do i adjust my valves on the #1 cylinder the rotate the crankshaft 180 degrees and adjust all the valves on cylinder #3 then rotate the crankshaft another 180 degrees and adjust all the valves on cylinder #4 etc etc so does this procedure sound right?
oh its a 96 civic ex
Old 12-23-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adjusting valves After Removing Camshaft Help..

Your procedure sounds reasonably close. Get a shop manual and make sure.

I don't necessarily need to know the firing order when I do them (I do all kinds, not just 4 cylinder engines), I watch the valve action as I turn the crank and do whatever cylinder is on TDC with all the valves closed. Its companion cylinder must be on valve overlap at the same time.
Old 12-24-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-clicking.html
Old 12-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
partypeepers is an unknown quantity at this point

ok sounds good. yea ill do it that way.. thank you