Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Can Anyone help !?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlexTank21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Can Anyone help !?

99 civic lx:
Ok, on friday night i was driving highway 154 (mountain pass, location really isn't important). Drove through the pass once and on the way back home as i was climbing i noticed my engine progressively getting hotter, which confused me because I had checked my oil and my coolant 2 weeks before and the coolant was filled past the max line and the oil was just under full.

Anyway the power was really effected by the overheating until the point i was going 30 after down shifting in 4th gear, i pulled off to the side, poped the hood and found my filler reservoir had spewed fluid all over the side of my engine bay ( at least thats what i saw) and it was hot as f.

Checked my oil after it sat and waited for AAA and it showed the same almost full level, radiator fluid was gone i assume it was all over my engine bay, got towed 2 hours later and ended up at home @ 5 am. I woke up and decoded my check engine light to be; 6 ECT - water temperature sensor.

My question is why did my engine overheat like that when i had adequate fluid before and my next question is where is it all going. Lastly it doesn't seem that my radiator fan is turning on seeing is that i ran my car this afternoon trying to replicate the overheating but i never got the temp gauge past halfway.