Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LSVtec Valve Cover Gasket Blowing & Gushing Out Oil

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex_fl05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation LSVtec Valve Cover Gasket Blowing & Gushing Out Oil

I got B18a block with JDM b16a head in my 00 Si. It just got DC headers, Blox Intake Manifold n some intake. Rebuilt block about 200 miles ago. Unfortunately it has a b18a water pump n timing belt, but I don't think that makes a problem.

Problem is.. It drove with no problems for a while, but it was leaking from cam seal. I changed the cam seal and put a gsr camshaft (intake side). It stopped leaking oil but after driving 10 mins from shop to my house, I turned car off and couple seconds later smoke gushed out from side of the hood. Opened hood and it was all in oil. It was leaking by the cam gears.

I took it all apart n put Hondabond under the cam holders on the side and on all corners and problem stopped for 3 days. Then same thing happened except this time valve cover gasket came out from the back side of the motor. Siliconed that part as well, drove out and 5 mins later it did it again. Put the old camshaft in, sealed everything with Hondabond and 5 mins into driving, it did the same thing!

Seems like there's soo much pressure, it pushes the vc gasket out and oil just gushes out. Now I can't drive my Si
Oh and 1 CEL code always been on... P0117: ECT sensor, Intake sensor, or faulty wiring. Changed both sensors n still CEL on. Bypassed the CFK code.

I hope you guys can help me out! Thanks!

Maybe I need an oil catch can...?
Old 11-03-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LSVtec Valve Cover Gasket Blowing & Gushing Out Oil

Sounds like you corked the one breather hole in the end of the valve cover, and blow by is too much for the PCV valve to handle without the vent.

In this pic, the vent port is at the top left corner of the valve cover.
Make sure the hose isn't clogged or kinked

Last edited by ezone; 11-03-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 11-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex_fl05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: LSVtec Valve Cover Gasket Blowing & Gushing Out Oil

Ohh mannn I think you hit the G spot with this one! I'll work on it monday n let you know what happens. Thanks for the help I'll post a pic, tomorrow hopefully, of where my hose went from the top lol.