Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

B20vtec civic smoking problem. please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012
B20/B16 Ek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS-Vtec 99hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
B20vtec civic smoking problem. please help

I traded my boosted 240 for this civic. I seriously need some help. Im starting college in a few days and am kinda in a hurry. Here's the problem, after the car gets drove hard, i can smell oil then the car starts smoking pretty heavy. Ill rev on it. Turn it off an start it again an rev a few more times and it stops. ???? Ive done much reading about these b20 setups. The smoke is mostly gray-white. Im narrowing this down to the oil catch can, pcv system, Ask any questions an ill do my best to answer an figure out what to do. Thanks in advance..
Old 08-16-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: B20vtec civic smoking problem. please help

Gray/white smoke I thought was head gasket?
Old 08-16-2012
B20/B16 Ek

Thats what i thought too. But it very rarely does this unless u run it Hard for a long period of time.
Old 08-18-2012
B20/B16 Ek

Maybe if i explain how its hooked up. Then someone can tell if this is the problem.

Ok if u were looking directly at the oil filter. There are the two ports on each side. On the right side slightly above the port is where the block was tapped for an extra vacuum port (im just guessing an im getting ready to explain why)...so the port on the left runs up an connects to a port on the side of the can. The port on the right runs up but it Splits into two lines. One keeps going to the second port on the side of the can. The other runs to bottom port on the can. There also is a vacuum line goin from the top of the can to the intake manifold. So where the block has been tapped, there is another line running from that to the bottom of the manifold....

Its alot to read but does all this sound right?