Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Stop-go problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clubanski617 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stop-go problem

Hey civic owners! I have a problem on my hands. I picked up my car from getting gaskets changed and I'm driving home about a block away at a red light I went to let off the clutch and even it out w the gas smoothly like normal and the car would kind of die down/make a whine noise so I would hav to rev it to about 3 and launch in order for the car to move, same going into second gear.. Any clues? Thanks!!!
Old 06-07-2012
Registered!!

Exclamation Re: Stop-go problem

Bump
Old 06-07-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stop-go problem

Sounds like you need to take it directly back to the shop.
They obviously aren't done with it yet.
Old 06-07-2012
Registered!!

haha yeah exactly what i said, I called them and told them that i had problems about a block away from my house that the car wasnt idling right when i would let off the clutch. They said they didn't touch the transmission nor the clutch. I told them to send a tow truck and they never did, next day wouldnt answer my calls. They call me back a week later asking me what happened. So basically i'm thinking screw that shop and fixing the problem myself just cant figure out the problem
Old 06-07-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clubanski617
getting gaskets changed
Specifically, what work was done to the car?

And it sounds like your shop just took a.................
Old 06-07-2012
Registered!!

Fluids, Full maintenance inspection, belts and hoses, full tune up, a broken bolt taken out of the valve cover, a valve cover gasket and a oil pan gasket.
Old 06-08-2012

Well, that "shop" has a huge problem with ethics if they deny responsibility **sight unseen** because "they didn't touch the transmission nor the clutch" when they clearly had a lot of other items apart ON THE ENGINE that affect it, and you are at fault for putting the words "transmission" and "clutch" in the mouth of their phone answerer. Those words gave them an out.
You should have stuck with "this engine hasn't run right ever since I left your shop!" Really, you should have never gone home, you should have turned right around and gone back right then.

IDK...Probably sabotaged.
Lawyer up.
Take copious amounts of detailed notes from the next shop that DOES fix it.

Or

Open your hood and look. Hoses, wires?
Got a check engine light on now? Was it on before? Was it still on when you picked it up?
Did you take it in for this same problem?
Did you ask for this problem to be checked out?

Or did you tell them you wanted a tune up and some gaskets replaced, belts and hoses, full maintenance inspection (whatever the hell that is, I bet they figured you know nothing about cars and could pull a fast one)?

-----------------------------------------------------

What is wrong with it? I have no idea, and apparently you don't either.
I don't have enough reliable info about how it acts, and you aren't a professional observer that can give a detailed technical description.

Seems to me that you need to seek the services of a competent, trusted professional.

HTH