Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ej8Jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Please help!

okay guys, i have a 96 civic ex coupe. I never touched the engine and it's all stock. I was gonna sell my car to my boy today and when he was checking it out and went for a drive everything went to hell. When he stepped on the clutch all the way my car made an obnoxious scratching sound coming from what it sounded like the clutch(I've NEVER heard this noise before and it's never happened before untill today). After hearing that he was turned off and said no but he said he thinks its faulty wiring? So i decided to just take the car back home and i noticed it was still making that noise but this time my ABS light was flickering and and my heat meter said the car was about to overheat?! I was scared so i turned it off and waited 5mins then took off.. BUT as i drove off, my car was completely normal again.. i've been driving it all day since my boy looked at it. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!