Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Dome light, low gas, and power locks don't work.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yoyoyo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dome light, low gas, and power locks don't work.

The locks used to work perfectly. Then they started to lock at a slower speed until it stopped completely. I checked the fuse and it's fine. I can't figure out what it it.

The low gas and dome light don't work. The dome light only works when it's on. Not when I open the doors (yes it's set to door). The gas light and some light problem happened at the same time. The lock problem happened months later so I think the gas light and dome light are the same issue.

My friend has the same car and year and he has the same light problems as me but not the locks problem. I have no idea what it is. Thanks
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yoyoyo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dome light, low gas, and power locks don't work.

Bumpp
Old 05-13-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dome light, low gas, and power locks don't work.

Dig into a service manual.

Low fuel light has its own circuits and a sensor in the tank just for that light.

Dome has separate circuits, and a lot of possible places for issues. Could be as easy as broken jamb switches, could be tougher like wiring somewhere between the doors and the dome lights. Might have control units, depending on the model and year of the car.

Power locks, could be actuators, could be the control unit, could be something else.
The dome and fuel lights do not appear to be related to each other in the wiring diagram I picked.
I have no freeking clue what sort of car you have, and apparently all cars with 4 wheels must be the exact same to you.

Test, don't guess.
You need a service manual, a wiring diagram book, some test equipment, and a lot of spare time.

Or just send it to a reputable, competent technician and have your credit cards ready.

Last edited by ezone; 05-13-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Edit! Edit! Edit!