96 civic dx, was this the proper way to install a motor mount? - Honda Civic Forum

Go Back   Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civics by Generation > 6th Generation Civic > Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum

Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2011   #1
GummyBear is an unknown quantity at this point
96 civic dx, was this the proper way to install a motor mount?

basically someone i know couldnt get one of the bolts off the front left lower motor mount. so he cut a small hole in the wheel well(not sure if this is the proper term) to get to the top nut so he could use a wrench to hold it in place to get the bolt off. then he pushed the metal part back in place and put silicon to keep it sealed. it probably wasnt the best way to do it but considering we had time constraints, tbh i didnt know he was going to cut a hole until he had alrdy started... just wanted to know your thoughts. will this cause any other problems? probably not but im not a expert mechanic... still kinda novice.

also im trying to figure out why my car kicks when i shift to reverse, could it be i have a tranny problem? or is it a motor mount? the only one i can visually see that was ripped was the one i just replaced.
GummyBear is offline   Reply With Quote