Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic bogs when warm.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firearmor is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic bogs when warm.

Ok this one has me stumped. I have a 98 civic ex. No CEL. When the car is cold it accelerates just fine. When its warm, Not so much. As soon as it warms up the problem starts. It bogs REALLY bad in the lower RPM's until the vtec kicks in. When the vtec kicks in the car gets up and moves. I have tried a tps, coil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, injector cleaner, and fuel pressure regulator. Any help would be great.
Old 03-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Civic bogs when warm.

Have you tested the thermostat, maybe its faulty and allowing the engine to run a bit hot so it bogs down since the engine can't operate efficiently.
Old 03-24-2011
Registered!!

Too Tall will become famous soon enoughToo Tall will become famous soon enough

You may have a temperature sensor malfunction. It is supposed to tell the computer when the engine is warmed up so the mixture can be leaned out.

Just a guess, I have no idea if your car actually has one.
Old 05-19-2012
Registered!!

Ek.hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Firearmor
Ok this one has me stumped. I have a 98 civic ex. No CEL. When the car is cold it accelerates just fine. When its warm, Not so much. As soon as it warms up the problem starts. It bogs REALLY bad in the lower RPM's until the vtec kicks in. When the vtec kicks in the car gets up and moves. I have tried a tps, coil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, injector cleaner, and fuel pressure regulator. Any help would be great.
^^^^^^ did you ever figure it out???? I really need some help on this too!