Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2011 civic ex security indicator

Old 11-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
timmyshonda is an unknown quantity at this point
2011 civic ex security indicator

hello,
I have a question on the security system. I have had the car for 14 months. tonight , I noticed that when I lock the car, the indicator on the dash that displays when a car door is open, flashes. I checked the book and it talks about a red light that flashes on the dash when the security system is engaged but that never blinked. question is - why all of a sudden did the light start flashing when the security system is activated.

thanks
Old 11-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 civic ex security indicator

Page 208 in the owners manual?
The flashing security light (if equipped) is next to the temperature gauge in the top half of the dash, plus another one in the radio. Radio blinks whenever the car is off, and the one by the temp gauge flashes slowly after the car is locked and system armed.

IDK why the door ajar light would be flashing, that doesn't sound right.
Horn beeps after pushing the lock button on the remote a couple times?
Old 11-24-2015
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply.

I did check the owners manual on page 208. I saw the flashing security light info. Mine was not flashing. that is why I posted this thread. I contacted a Honda dealer and they said that it was the security indicator.
yes the horn beeps after you press the button twice.
Old 11-24-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

If the system sees, or thinks it is seeing a door open soon after you lock and close... it will release and not set. This could be occurring.

Are all 4 pin switches in the door jambs intact, and operating normally ??

And yes, the door open indicator is good clue of something amiss.
Old 11-24-2015
Registered!!

the problem is corrected

I was actually the correct light that was flashing. I thought that it was the door ajar light but I was wrong. the Honda dealer thought that one of the door switches was stuck and eventually became unstuck.

I was a senior moment on my part.

thanks for all of the help on this.

have a great thanksgiving

Search this Thread