I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

DIY: Rear Speaker Install for Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
DIY: Rear Speaker Install for Coupe

For all the n00bs that haven't ripped out the rear speakers![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

1. Remove one (1) 10 mm bolt from space between center of seat bottom and seat back cushions. Pull front edge of seat bottom upward to release hooks and remove (Figure 1).

2. Fold down both rear seat backs. Fold back carpet flap on back of passenger's side seat back. Remove two (2) 10mm bolts from seat bracket. Lift section of seat back and pull to remove (Figure 2).

3. Remove one (1) 10mm bolt securing seat bracket. Lift seat section and pull to remove.

4. Pry out both pillar rimpanels starting at the top. Continue prying downward to release and remove.

5. Remove two (2) 14 mm bolts from seat belt guide on passenger's rear side panel. Remove guide (with belt) and lay aside (Figure 3).

6. Pry open screw cover behind grab handle and remove one (1) phillips screw from opening.

7. Remove one (1) push pin retaining clip from rear side panel located near wheel well.

8. Starting at the rear of passenger's rear side panel, pry out panel and work toward door opening to release and remove.

9. Pull to release three (3) plastic fold-down clips on front edge of rear deck panel (Figure 4).

10. From inside trunk, disconnect brake light wiring harness located under rear deck.

11. Starting on passenger's side, work hands under rear deck panel to release clips. Work across panel. When clips are loose, work panel toward passenger's side. NOTE: Lift driver's rear side panel to work deck panel from under side panel. Remove rear deck panel.

12. Remove four (4) 8mm screws securing speaker. Pull out speaker, disconnect and remove.

13. Connect speaker wiring adapter of replacement speaker to vehicle speaker connector. Secure new speaker with screws previously removed.

14. Test speaker operation and reassemble rear of vehicle by reversing disassembly steps.

Old 03-04-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
juice123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY: Rear Speaker Install for Coupe

hello
Thanks 4 the info
Do you have link with the images you
Refer to on the Diy rear speaker install
Thanks
Old 03-04-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: DIY: Rear Speaker Install for Coupe

you noob............ that was made 6 years ago.....look at teh date......he's probably not even on there...

search some more for it....its there. i know cuz i used it.

talk bout bringing a thread back from the dead........