I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

01 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gregclavier is an unknown quantity at this point
01 civic ex

I installed a cluster from a 05 civic into my 01 civic without moving pins in the right place, I then put the 01 cluster back in and now the idle surges and throwing multiple codes. could I have shorted anything. There wasnt anything wrong with the 01 cluster just cracked.
Old 03-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 01 civic ex

You can't do that! What are the codes?

First thought: Unplug cluster, disconnect the battery, hold cable ends touching together for several minutes (a master reboot of sorts) then connect the original cluster. Reconnect the battery and see if all works right again.

There is a thread somewhere in this forum that had details on re-pinning the connectors to swap in a newer cluster. Search?