I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Nothing happens when I turn the key

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnpalermo is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing happens when I turn the key

I recently bought a used 2005 Honda Civic with 200k miles on it. I drove it back from the place I bought it from with no problem. I left it sitting in the driveway for about 2 weeks, which in retrospect I probably should've started it up a few times, but today I went to start it up and almost nothing happened when I turned the key. The only thing that happens is the red brake light comes on the dashboard. It won't start up, makes no noises at all, no clicking or anything, just dead. I have no idea what this is, this is my first car and I don't know anything about how they work. Do I need to buy a new battery?
Old 12-08-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nothing happens when I turn the key

Battery drained......for whatever reason. How old does the battery look? Is there a date on it? Was anything left on?

Charge up the battery with a charger, or jump start off of another car.
If you jump start it, let it run for an hour or two to charge the battery.

Have battery tested after it's had time to charge up.